Priya Cinema Hall in south Kolkata's Deshapriyo Park under fire, no casualties
Cinemagoers managed to exit after smoke filled the theatre at around 10:15 pm yesterday, shortly before the show was to end, officials said.
West Bengal Fire Services Minister Sovan Chatterjee, who reached the spot after the incident, said all angles, including the possibility of the fire originating from a ground floor restaurant, would be investigated.
The fire was likely caused by a short circuit, sources said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)