Development News Edition
Give Feedback

Jordan retrieves bodies of three suspected militants after shoot out


Reuters 12 Aug 2018, 07:45 AM Israel

Security forces on Sunday pulled the bodies of three suspected militants out of a partially collapsed building in a city in central Jordan following a shootout, a government spokeswoman said.

Security forces had raided the building in a search for those responsible for a bomb attack on a police van on Friday.

Government spokeswoman Jumana Ghunaimat told Reuters the security forces had also seized automatic weapons in a "continuing operation."

Four security personnel were killed during a shootout on Saturday evening with the suspected militants who had been holed in a building in the hillside city of Salt. 

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)


add banner

LEAVE COMMENT