ADB to host seminar on implementation of High Speed Rail in Asia
Experts and academicians from Japan and the People’s Republic of China will share their experiences in planning, implementation, operation, and urban development related to HSR in their countries.
Policy makers in developing countries are eager to learn from the experiences of developed countries in large-scale public infrastructure such as high-speed rail (HSR).
- Share policy insights and experiences with government officials, industry experts, and researchers
- Exchange views on the planning, implementation, and operation of HSR in Asia
- Increase knowledge among participants on key issues related to the planning, implementation, and operation of HSR in Asia
Around 40 government officials, industry experts, university faculty members, and researchers.
Better knowledge and enhanced capacity for
- construction and operation of high-speed rail;
- financing arrangements, tariff setting, and revenue;
- coordination with regional and local governments ;
- land acquisition for infrastructure investment;
- station development; and
- institution building and staff capacity development.