Cisco announces new developer capabilities across intent-based networking platform
These new DNA Center capabilities, as the company says are scheduled to be available during the summer of 2018.
Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT and networking today announced the release of new developer capabilities across its intent-based networking platform. The company has released new developer tools and open APIs into Cisco DNA Center, the command and control center for campus, branch and edge intent-based networks.
Cisco told that the DNA Center turns the network from a combination of hardware devices into a single system. With the availability of network-wide APIs, Cisco now allows developers to easily program this system, tapping into all of the analytics and insight the network can provide.
- The DNA Center allows developers to create a new generation of network-aware applications, further facilitating partners can integrate the network into business processes.
- It helps network IT administrators to exchange information to automate processes across IT systems through software adapters.
- It provides developers and partners the flexibility to support multi-vendor networks via a software developer kit (SDK).
Cisco also announced that its developer community, DevNet, has surpassed 500,000 members and to fuel its innovation ecosystem the company has announced three new developer initiatives:
- DevNet Ecosystem Exchange makes it easy to find and share an application or solution built for Cisco platforms.
- DevNet Code Exchange gives developers a place to access and share software to quickly build next-generation applications and workflow integrations
- DevNet DNA Developer Center is a one-stop-shop for developers to build applications and integrations on the DNA Center platform.
These new DNA Center capabilities, as the company says are scheduled to be available during the summer of 2018. By providing an open network, Cisco is empowering 500,000 developers, 60,000 partners and three million network engineers to innovate upon the platform.