Rajasthan: After formalin bottle leakage, 12 children shifted out of ICU
An infant died admitted at the pediatric ICU at MDM hospital died around the time this happened, leading to allegations that the gas was the cause.
Hospital Superintendent Mahendra Kumar Aseri, however, denied that the death was linked to the formalin leak.
He said formalin leaked from the bottle after being dropped between 1.30 am-2 am and a pungent smelling gas was leaked when they tried to clean the spill with water.
Aseri claimed that it was a normal death.
"Sunder was brain dead and his condition was already serious. He had been given CPR twice," he said, adding that the body was handed over to his parents who left in the night itself.
The superintendent said a committee had been constituted to find out how the incident occurred.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)