Rizal Park job fair kicks off in Manila
Rizal Park job fair is aimed at bringing employment and entrepreneurship opportunities to the grassroots level.
In Phillippines, nearly 30000 jobs are on offer at the Rizal Park, Manila from June 12. According to the Department of Labor and Employment (Dole), Rizal Park is one among the 19 venues for the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) job and business fair. The Philippines government has launched a nationwide job fair, organised to mark the 120th anniversary of Phillippine independence.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said the nationwide job and business fair was aimed at bringing employment and entrepreneurship opportunities to the grassroots level. More than 70 employers (45 local, 20 overseas and eight government agencies) are looking to fill 30,000 jobs at the Rizal Park job fair, with the majority in the domestic construction and transportation sectors. Other job sectors include hotel and hospitality industries, nursing, and engineering, as well as skilled trades such as electricians and carpentry seeking applicants.
In the construction industry, many of the vacancies are for CIP installers, welders, masons/finishing masons, carpenters, leadmen, scaffolders, painters, steelmen, tinsmiths and tile setters. There are also vacancies for drivers, mechanics, bus conductors, customer service consultants, pharmacy assistants, financial consultants, merchandisers and sales/service cashiers
The Labor Secretary also reminded the job aspirants to be ready with the following application requirements:
- resume or curriculum vitae (extra copies for multiple job applications);
- 2x2 ID pictures;
- certificate of employment for those formerly employed;
- diploma and/or transcript of records;
- authenticated birth certificate.
This year's job fair, with the theme "Pagbabagong Ipinaglaban, Alay sa Masaganang Kinabukasan", offers a wide variety of work and expertise in the areas of local, overseas, and government. With almost 122,263 job vacancies both in private and public sectors were solicited – for local there are 53,666 (52.1 %) vacancies and 58,597 (47.9%) vacancies for overseas. Meanwhile, a total of 7,774 job vacancies will be offered by the government mostly in the Philippine National Police (PNP), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), NAVY, and Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP).
According to the Phillippine government website, the 2018 Independence Day job and business fair will run in the following venues:
• National Capital Region (NCR) – Senior Citizen's Garden, Rizal Park, Manila
• Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) – Porta Vaga Mall Veranda, Baguio City
• Region 1 – Nepo Mall, Dagupan City; Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur; Pacoy Ortega Gymnasium, San Fernando City, La Union
• Region 2 – Tuguegarao People's Gym, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
• Region 3 – Metro Town Mall, Tarlac City
• Region 4A – Freedom Park, Kaingen, Kawit, Cavite; Sunstar Mall, Sta. Cruz, Laguna
• Region 5 – Ayala Mall, Legazpi City• Region 6 – 888 China Town Square, Bacolod City
• Region 7 – Negros Oriental Convention Center; Cebu City Sports Complex
• Region 8 – Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City
• Region 9 – KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Ave. Zamboanga City; Zamboanga del Norte Cultural Convention and Sports Center, Gen. Luna St., Dipolog City
• Region 10 – Iligan City
• Region 11 – Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras Gym)
• Region 12 – KCC Mall Convention Center, General Santos City