UNESCO calls for developing ocean literacy communication tools
UNESCO established a global partnership to raise the awareness for the conservation, restoration, and sustainable use of our ocean.
In 2017 the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO established a global partnership to raise the awareness for the conservation, restoration, and sustainable use of our ocean: Ocean Literacy for All. In the context of this partnership, and in preparation of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development will develop ocean literacy communication tools for ocean management and Marine Spatial Planning (MSP).
UNESCO calls for Expressions of Interest: Consultant on Communication, Deadline: 28 June 2018.
The incumbent will specifically:
- Propose a plan of work
- Develop innovative ocean literacy, and communication products, such as infographic story, interactive documentary, and story maps, which should use state of the art, multi-media tools to be used in the context of Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) and other multi-stakeholder participatory processes
- Support the organization of a workshop of expert that will test and discuss the use of the products
- Produce a manual for communication in multi-stakeholder participatory processes
- Advanced university degree (master level or higher) in communication, in science communication or related subjects
- At least 3 years of professional experience in communication, in science communication or related subjects