Red Sox 3B Devers expected to be back to DL
Devers left the game in the eighth inning after pulling up at third on an Eduardo Nunez double. Manager Alex Cora told reporters afterward that the injury will likely require some time off.
Boston Red Sox third baseman Rafael Devers is expected to be placed on the disabled list for the second time this month after leaving the team's 10-4 win over the Minnesota Twins on Saturday with a left hamstring injury.
Devers left the game in the eighth inning after pulling up at third on an Eduardo Nunez double. Manager Alex Cora told reporters afterwards that the injury will likely require some time off.
"We'll know more morning, but he said he felt it on [his bunt single in the first inning], he felt tight and then it grabbed him rounding second, so he's down there in the training room," said Cora. "Obviously we'll see tomorrow morning once he comes in. We'll see."
Devers, 21, just returned from a 10-day stint on the DL with left shoulder inflammation on July 21. He had been warming up at the plate since then, going 8-for-27 (.296 average) with a home run and four RBIs in seven contests.
For the season, his second in the majors, Devers is hitting .245 with 15 home runs and 52 RBIs in 96 games.
With Devers expected to be sidelined again, the Red Sox could shift Nunez to third base while getting Brock Holt more starts on the infield. Infielder Tzu-Wei Lin is a likely candidate for recall from Triple-A Pawtucket.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)