Judge orders seizure of Ronaldinho's passport
The decision by judge Newton Fabricio on Friday came at the request of public prosecutors after the pair failed to pay a fine resulting from a 2015 court case.
Ronaldinho and Assis were fined 8.5 million reais (2.3 million US dollars) after being found guilty of building a fishing platform on the Guaiba river in southern Brazil without the necessary permits. The structure was located in a heritage-protected area, reports Xinhua news agency.
Ronaldinho's representatives were not immediately available for comment and it was not known if the brothers were in Brazil on Friday.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- READ MORE ON:
- NBA Rookie of the Year Award
- National Football League Rookie of the Year Award
- Major League Baseball Rookie of the Year Award
- Supreme Court Cases
- southern Brazil
- year award
- Ronaldinho's representatives
- Barcelona star Ronaldinho
- brother Roberto Assis
- Brazilian court
- court case
- FIFA world player
- World Cup winner
- Judge orders seizure of Ronaldinho's passport
- Football News
- IANS News