Three brothers drown in Rajasthan canal
Three members of a family drowned in the Chambal river's left canal on the Bundi Road here Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place in the afternoon when three brothers, identified as Trilok Meghwal (30), Govind Meghwal (22) and Yuvraj Meghwal (18), residents of Bapu Nagar, were washing their car on the banks of the canal, they said.
Trilok accidentally slipped into the canal, following which the two others jumped in to rescue him and subsequently, all three drowned, a Kunwari police station official said.
A rescue operation was launched by a team of the Kota Municipal Corporation (KMC) and the bodies of Govind and Yuvraj were fished out of the canal later, he said.
The elder brother was missing, the official said, adding that none could swim.
The rescue operation is underway and the bodies have been sent for postmortem, he added.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- 2-day disaster management exercise to be held in Rajasthan
- SC lashes out at Rajasthan govt over failure to curb illegal mining
- Mock 'firing' on Mahatma Gandhi effigy triggers outrage
- One more person dies of swine flu in Rajasthan, toll at 86
- Congress protest over Aligarh incident; terms it insult to Mahatma Gandhi