V R Premkumar has been appointed as Additional District
Magistrate in-charge of Sabarimala and adjacent areas.
The decision in this regard was taken at the cabinet
meeting chaired by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan Wednesday.
The official will be coordinating the functions of all
government departments and agencies near Sabarimala, Pamba and
Nilackal region during the Sabarimala pilgrimage season, a
government press release said.
Premkumar was recently in the news for his tough stand
in the land grab cases involving senior politicians in Munnar.
The state cabinet also decided to appoint Kozhikode
collector U V Jose as Land Revenue joint commissioner and
Thrissur sub-collector Renu Raj as Devikulam sub-collector.
Kollam sub-collector S Chitra has been appointed
director of Kerala State IT Mission.
The cabinet also sanctioned a special package of Rs
2.04 crore to repair the houses of 458 fishermen families,
which were partially destroyed in the Ockhi cyclone last year.
PTI RRT UD
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Madras HC urged to set up mobile magistrate court to strengthen enforcement of helmet rule: Bedi
- Magisterial probe ordered into fire incident at Metro Hospital in Noida: District Magistrate B N Singh.
- City magistrate starts inquiry in Noida hospital fire
- Romanian candidate for EU prosecutor subpoenaed by local agency targeting magistrates
- Devikulam sub-collector to inform HC on violation of its order