Cracker timing flouted in Chandigarh, Punjab
People in many areas started bursting crackers just after 6 p.m., residents and witnesses said.
Police officials said they were keeping an eye on the violation of the Supreme Court guidelines and would take action.
Bursting of crackers in many towns and cities in Punjab and Haryana also started much before the stipulated 8 p.m.
People also prayed at their homes and in temples on Wednesday to mark the festival of lights.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- People throng online library stall in 43rd International Kolkata Fair
- UN anti-drug & crime chief spotlights root causes of International maritime crimes
- Journalists in war zones: Japan seizes passport of national to prevent Yemen trip
- British national faces jail term in Indonesia for slapping official
- MP: Two national archery players killed in road accident