Indian Army, Chinese PLA celebrate Diwali in Arunachal
A Ceremonial Border Personal Meeting (BPM), the last of 2018 to commemorate joint celebrations of Diwali, was organised by the Indian Army at Bum La.
Both the delegations interacted and exchanged greetings in a cordial atmosphere, a sign of improving military-to-military ties at ground level.
The meeting began with the hoisting of the national flags and lighting of traditional Diwali lamps.
Both sides highlighted the importance of maintaining peace along border areas.
The highlight of the border personnel meeting was the colourful and impressive performances by cultural troupes showcasing 'Real India'.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- PM inaugurates & lays foundation of projects worth Rs 4,000 crore in Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh to improve vastly with new, improved transport facilities: PM Modi
- PM Modi inaugurates Sela tunnel project in Arunachal Pradesh
- BJP urge people to participate in 'Diwali' pre-poll campaign
- Two senior BJP leaders join Congress in Arunachal Pradesh