UPDATE 1-Libya commander Haftar visits Russia ahead of conference
Russia's military has long shown backing for the powerful Libyan commander, who dominates eastern Libya. He has visited Russia before, and last year the Russian defence ministry hosted him aboard its sole aircraft carrier.
Italy will host an international conference on Libya on Nov. 12 and 13, which Haftar will attend, Italy has said. Haftar's office has not confirmed his attendance yet.
Haftar's office said the meeting in Moscow had covered ways to end Libya's crisis and the fight against terrorism.
Russia is expected to send high-level representatives to the Palermo meeting. (Reporting by Maria Tsvetkova and Ayman al-Warfalli in Benghazi, Editing by William Maclean)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Political row erupts over Taliban-Afghan opposition talks in Russia
- Russian couple held in Malaysia for dangerously 'swinging' toddler
- Russia lashes out at European interference in Venezuela political crisis
- How Russia keeps moving during heavy snowfall in colder months
- Russian economy grows at 2.3 pct in 2018; surpassing govt, IMF prediction