Pakistani Christian woman freed from prison after blasphemy death sentence reversed
She was flown to the airport near the capital, Islamabad, but was in protective custody because of threats to her life, said the three officials, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Bibi's lawyer - who fled the country this week and sought asylum in the Netherlands - confirmed she was no longer in prison.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- India should stop blaming Pakistan for its problems: Qureshi
- Hopeful of captaining Pakistan after ban ends, says Sarfaraz
- After Mirwaiz, Pakistan foreign minister calls Geelani
- Venezuela opposition leader Guaido recognized as interim president by Netherlands
- Police culture of deep rooted entitlement under scanner in Pakistan with social media scrutiny