Air India flights hit as contract workers go on strike in Mumbai
"Due to a sudden industrial situation at Mumbai Airport by Air India Air Transport Services Ltd (AIATSL) employees, some flights have got delayed. We are assessing the situation and all efforts are being made to minimize the delays or disruptions," the national carrier tweeted.
To tackle the situation, the AI summoned the permanent employees to normalize the flight operations, especially the early morning departures which were delayed by around two hours.
According to AI, eight arrivals and 16 departures comprising domestic and international services were delayed by an average two hours due to the agitation, disrupting passenger schedules at the height of the Diwali festival.
The reasons for the unforeseen protest was not immediately clear, with speculation ranging from non-disbursement of Diwali bonus to reinstatement of sacked labourers.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Government appoints Ashwani Lohani as Air India Chairman for second term
- Air India Flights to be operational to Delhi and Guwahati from Aizwal, says Mizoram BJP
- Former Railway Board chairman Ashwani Lohani appointed Air India chairman and managing director: Sources.
- Cabinet approves appointment of Ashwani Lohani as CMD of Air India
- Ex-railway chairman Ashwani Lohani appointed as CMD Air India