The ornaments of two Kali idols of
a temple were stolen at Chinpai village of Birbhum district
triggering furore among locals who blocked road, the police
The idols were decorated with gold and silver ornaments
on the occasion of Kali puja Tuesday. Those were found missing
by the priest this morning, they said.
Angry over the theft, hundreds of villagers, including
women, sat on the busy national highway.
Initially, police tried to disperse the villagers, but
failed. Once the officer-in-charge of the local police station
reached the spot, he was chased by them.
After about two hours, Additional Superintendent of Police
Subimal Pal arrived and the blockade was lifted.
Superintendent of Police Kunal Agarwal said that the
situation was under control. Senior police officers were
camping in the spot.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Gold worth Rs 15.81 lakh seized from two passengers at Mangaluru airport
- Three golden crowns missing from Sri Govindaraja Swamy temple at Tirupati
- Haryana women wrestlers pick 7 gold in Junior Nationals
- 4 time Olympic gold winner Matti Nykanen aka 'Flying Finn' dies at 55
- Gold jewellery, diamonds worth Rs 4.16 crore seized in Chandigarh