CISF trooper among four killed in Maoist attack
Two Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel and another civilian suffered injuries in the attack that took place around 11.30 a.m. in Bacheli area when a CISF team and some civilians were proceeding for elections duty.
It was the third Maoist attack in 13 days in Chhattisgarh.
Seven people, including four civilians and three CISF personnel, were travelling in a bus when they were attacked, said the police.
The injured CISF troopers have been shifted to hospital.
A Doordarshan cameraman and three Chhattisgarh police personnel were killed in a Maoist ambush, also in Dantewada, on October 30.
The Maoists have asked people to boycott the polls. Dantewada is among the areas going to polls on November 12 in the first phase covering 18 constituencies.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Virginia politics roiled post sexual misconduct charges against Lt. governor
- Trump to touch on issues like immigration, national security in SOTU address
- Udita Bhargavas "Dust" to premiere in Berlin International Film Festival 2019
- SC's verdict is victory of democracy: BJP National General Secretary
- National conference wants state and central polls in Jammu to be held together