Soccer-Southampton sack vice-chairman Reed
The Saints are 16th in the table, a point and two places above the relegation zone after going seven games without a win.
British newspapers have reported that manager Mark Hughes, whose team have one win in 11 league matches, is also set to be fired if Southampton do not beat Watford on Saturday.
"Southampton Football Club can today confirm it has agreed to part company with its Vice Chairman (Football), Les Reed," the club said https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-11-08/southampton-football-club-statement-les-reed-november-2018.
"The club believes the time is right to take constructive action and make a change that will provide new drive and direction to our football operations team and enable them to get results back on track." (Reporting by Simon Jennings in Bengaluru, editing by Ed Osmond)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Soccer-Premier League January transfer spending fell for first time since 2012
- Soccer-Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- Soccer-Rooney says still has talent to compete in Premier League
- UPDATE 1-Soccer-Man City go top of the Premier League with win at Everton
- Soccer-Bullet point previews of Premier League matches