Soccer-Lazaro's stoppage time winner leaves N. Ireland pointless
Xaver Schlager put Austria ahead four minutes after halftime, his first goal for his country, but Corry Evans levelled for the already-relegated hosts eight minutes later in the League B Group three match.
The game was heading for a draw until Marko Arnautovic found Lazaro and, despite a poor first touch, the 22-year-old curled his shot into the top corner from just inside the area to claim his first international goal.
Austria, already certain to finish second in the three-team group, finished their campaign with seven points from four games, three behind B3 winners Bosnia & Herzegovina. (Writing by Brian Homewood Editing by Christian Radnedge)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Clouded Leopard will be mascot for National Games 2022 in Meghalaya
- Singing app of Spotlite employs robots as judge for online games
- Soccer-Minute's silence at Champions League, Europa League games for Sala
- Soccer-Barca president says La Liga should play three games overseas
- Valentine’s Day 2019: Couples creating art or playing board games release 'love hormone'