Cricket-Patel bags five as New Zealand beat Pakistan by four runs in first test
Pakistan resumed the day on 37 for no loss, needing 139 runs for a victory to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series, but suffered a lower order collapse that resulted in a tense finish at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium.
Pakistan were eventually dismissed for 171 in 58.4 overs.
Azhar Ali (65), who had earlier stitched together an 82-run partnership with Asad Shafiq (45) to keep Pakistan's hopes of a win alive, was the last batsman to fall when he was trapped in front of the wicket by left-armer Patel who finished with 5-59.
The second test will be played in Dubai from Nov. 24-28 before the teams return to Abu Dhabi for the final test from Dec. 3-7. (Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru Editing by Christian Radnedge)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- India vs New Zealand: Indian women lose last over thriller by 4 wickets
- India vs New Zealand: Rohit Sharma fifty, Krunal three wickets as India beat NZ to level T20 series
- UPDATE 1-Cricket-Wood takes three wickets as England fight back in third test
- UPDATE 2-Cricket-Wood takes five wickets as England bowl out West Indies
- Krunal Pandya takes 3 for as India beat New Zealand by 7 wickets to level T20I series