Jet Airways shares slump 7%
The stock dropped 6.88 per cent to settle at Rs 323 on BSE. During the day, it tumbled 12.57 per cent to Rs 303.25.
Tata Sons Friday confirmed its interest in acquiring the beleaguered Jet Airways but said no concrete "proposal" had been made by the group so far.
"Over the last few days there has been growing speculation about Tata's interest in Jet Airways. We would like to clarify that any such discussions (to acquire Jet Airways) have been preliminary and no proposal has been made," Tata Sons had said in a statement.
Meanwhile, hundreds of passengers of Jet Airways were left stranded at the Mumbai airport after the carrier cancelled 10 domestic flights from the city on Sunday, an airline source said.
Jet Airways said the flights were cancelled from the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) due to "operational issues". However, the airline source claimed it was due to pilots' scarcity.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- NFL-Glady Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- REFILE-NFL-Gladys Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- Maoists assault staff of pvt construction company, torch
- Suzlon stock price plunges over 24 pct; company offers clarification
- Reid & Taylor to be liquidated as repeated efforts fail to revive company