Organs of brain-dead girl travel 170 km-long green corridor for transplants in Bengal
"The organs of Madhusmita Bayen, who was declared brain dead, were transported from Durgapur Mission Hospital in West Burdwan district to Kolkata's SSKM Hospital through a green corridor on Sunday night. The distance covered was nearly 170 kilometres," a doctor at the hospital said.
Madhusmita, a resident of Mejia in Bankura, had slipped into coma a few days ago and was declared brain dead on Saturday.
"The transplants were successful. The recipients have been kept under observation for the next 72 hours," the doctor said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- WORKTECH Hosts its First Conference in India - WORKTECH19 Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, Feb 9 (PTI) Commodities, Areca and Coconut
- CBI-Bengal govt row sparks threat to federal norms of Indian constitution
- Chennaiyin FC beats Bengaluru FC 2-1 in Indian Super League
- Bengal police officer who worked under former IPS Bharati Ghosh arrested