Cong will return to power in 2019 with thumping majority: Virbhadra Singh
He appealed to the people to join hands with the party for their welfare and reject the BJP, which, he alleged, had ditched them time and again by giving false slogans.
Speaking at a function here, Singh said the Congress should field Youth Congress leader Abhishek Rana from Hamirpur Lok Sabha seat to upset the applecart of the BJP and the family of its senior leader Prem Kumar Dhumal.
He said the BJP's days are numbered and the party would face a humiliating defeat in the Lok Sabha elections.
Congress leader and Punjab Assembly Speaker K P Singh Rana said though the BJP had once again raked up the issue of building a Ram temple in Ayodhya, this card would not work as people knew that it is only used during elections.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Starc powers Australia to 366-run win in 2nd Test, 2-0 sweep of series against SL
- Assam govt registers 251 sedition cases since BJP-led alliance came to power
- Powerful explosion in busy market in Somali capital: police
- Centre has power to take action: Rajnath on Kolkata Police-CBI face-off
- Centre has power to maintain normalcy in any part of country: Rajnath Singh