UPDATE 1-Soccer-Napoli held at home by basement side Chievo
Lorenzo Insigne hit the post with a long-range drive and defender Kalidou Koulibaly also clipped the woodwork with an acrobatic effort but, apart from those second-half efforts, Napoli lacked creativity and struggled to create openings.
"We had too little intensity at the start," said Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti. "When Chievo were more open, we did not take advantage of the spaces and in the second half, they closed up."
Ancelotti added that he did not want to discuss the eight-point gap with Juventus.
"I will evaluate the rankings when we are halfway through the season. Now we are thinking about the commitments that await us," he said. (Writing by Brian Homewood Editing by Ian Chadband)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-Norwegian Air posts higher yield in January
- Tech Mahindra shares surge nearly 7 pct post strong Q3 performance
- Norwegian Air posts higher-than-expected income in January
- Shikha Talsania to make her debut in digital space with web series 'Gormint'
- TiE Mumbai announces its 'Hall of Fame' series for Entrepreneurs, Investors