I-League: Churchill stun Mohun Bagan with 3-0 win
Plaza, who had plied his trade here with East Bengal earlier this year, struck in a space of four second-half minutes (51st and 55th) to become the leading scorer with five goals to his name.
Captain Dawda Ceesay drew the first blood in the 21st minute with a tap-in long before the Goans jumped to second spot with nine points from five matches.
Mohun Bagan (8) slipped to fourth in the table.
Mohun Bagan were bolstered by the return of their star Haitian forward Sony Norde who had a fine attempt in the 16th minute but found the woodwork.
Yuta Kinowaki then squandered a good chance three minutes to halftime after Vicky Baskaran's half-hearted punch fell kindly for the Japanese.
Plaza took the match out of Mohun Bagan's equation in the second half with his back-to-back headers.
Israil Gurung's cross into the box was headed home by Plaza, and then Ceesay set him up from the left wing with the Trinidadian finding himself unmarked before sealing the issue with ease.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Malaysia's former PM Najib braces for high-profile corruption trial
- Trump braces for fresh investigation into 2016 election meddling
- Esqueda brace keeps East Bengal title hopes alive
- It's important to embrace ageing, says British actor Gillian Anderson
- Zaniolo bags brace as Roma claim first-leg win over Porto