Odisha government declares holiday for Hockey World Cup events
Schools and educational institutions in the capital city will remain closed on Tuesday, while educational institutions across the state will remain closed after 1.30 p.m, a release from the Chief Minister's Office (CMO) said.
The state government also announced that all educational institutions and government offices in Cuttack will be closed on Wednesday after 1.30 p.m in view of the Hockey World Cup celebrations event scheduled to be held at the Barabati Stadium in Cuttack on Wednesday.
Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and music maestro A.R. Rahman are slated to perform at the inaugural programme at Kalinga Stadium on Tuesday. Besides, some Odia actors will also perform at the programme.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Rahman faces flak for daughter's 'naqaab', says it's her choice
- Freedom to choose: Rahman defends daughter's niqab
- Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam wins Israel's prestigious Dan David Prize
- Music maestro AR Rahman attends 2019 Grammy Awards with daughter Raheema
- Pak envoy summoned for insulting remarks against Sheikh Mujibur Rahman