Development News Edition
Give Feedback

Bengal doubles shuttler electrocuted


IANS kolkata Last Updated at 26-11-2018 20:48:12 IST India
Bengal's number one ranked doubles badminton player Trinankur Nag was electrocuted at his workplace in Sealdah two days back and died on Monday here, officials said.

He suffered severe burn injuries while working in a railway car shed, an Eastern Railway spokesman said.

According to officials of the West Bengal Badminton Association, Nag, 26, came in contact with a high tension overhead electrical wire.

He is survived by his parents and lived in Nagerbazar area of North Kolkata.

Nag was a member of the U-19 Indian team during a coaching camp-cum-tournament in Mauritius back in July 2011.

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)


add banner

LEAVE COMMENT