Couple consumes poisonous substance; woman dies, man critical
The incident took place on the intervening night of November 29 and 30, said SP (city) Shlok Kumar.
The two took the extreme step after their marriage was called off following a dispute over dowry, he said.
Pooja became unconscious after consuming sulphas tablets while the man, identified as Subodh, called up his parents, Kumar said.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital, where the woman was declared brought dead by doctors.
Subodh's condition was stated to be critical, the SP said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)