Fortuna shock Bundesliga leaders Dortmund
Facing Fortuna, who started the day in relegation territory, Dortmund coach Lucien Favre decided to rest several starters with an eye toward Friday's match against second-place Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Fortuna took a 1-0 lead in the 23rd minute on a goal by Dodi Lukebakio, who collected a long pass from Kevin Stoger without breaking stride and blew past defenders before beating keeper Roman Bürki, reports Efe news.
Despite a massive edge in possession, Dortmund had only two shots in the first half, one of which, by Marco Reus, found the back of the net only for the goal to be disallowed because Christian Pulisic was offside.
The hole got deeper for Dortmund 10 minutes into the second half when Jan Zimmer delivered a blast from outside the area to increase Fortuna's lead to 2-0.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- AACSB honors 33 graduates as its 2019 Class of Influential Leaders
- VP urges upon institutes inculcate committed leadership qualities in students
- Rahul Gandhi alleges that many BJD leaders involved in chitfund scams in Odisha.
- UPDATE 1-Virginia AG says he too wore blackface as leadership scandal deepens
- UPDATE 1-Venezuela's Guaido asks Italy's leaders to meet his envoys