Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal
Nath Tuesday transferred a senior bureaucrat and an IPS
officer in the state, a day after he took charge.
The government Tuesday night removed Rewa Divisional
Commissioner Mahesh Chandra Jain and shifted him to Mantralaya
(state secretariat), a public relation department official
Shahdol Commissioner J K Jain has been given the
additional charge as the Rewa Divisional Commissioner, the
In Kamal Nath's home turf Chhindwara, the government
transferred district Superintendent of Police Atul Singh to
the police headquarters in Bhopal. He has been replaced with
Chhindwara is the Lok Sabha constituency of Nath.
The government has appointed Additional Chief
Secretary (ACS) Manoj Shrivastava as the Vice Chancellor of
the Sanchi University of Buddhist-Indic Studies, the official
Shrivastava will continue to hold his present
assignments as ACS for Culture and Commercial Tax departments.
Ending the BJP rule of 13 years, the Congress won 114
assembly seats and secured the support of seven more MLAs - SP
(1) and BSP (2) and four independents - to cross the majority
mark of 116 in the 230-member Assembly.
Nath took oath as chief minister on Monday.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Karnataka CM H D Kumaraswamy releases audio clip and claims BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa is luring MLAs to topple his government.
- SC dismisses plea of ex-Bihar deputy CM Tejashwi Yadav, challenging decision asking him to vacate government accommodation.
- Tamil Nadu government presents budget for the year 2019-2020 with no new taxes.
- SC imposes Rs 50,000 fine on RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav for challenging government decision asking him to vacate bungalow meant for deputy CM.
- By opting out of Ayushman Bharat scheme, Congress government in Chhattisgarh has deprived poor of healthcare: PM at public rally.