UPDATE 1-EU states agree stronger monitoring of banks on money laundering
Under the agreed text, as a last resort if national authorities do not act, the EBA would be able to directly force individual banks to take measures against money laundering.
The move followed recent cases of alleged money laundering in some EU banks that "have raised concerns that anti-money laundering rules are not always supervised and enforced effectively across the EU," the statement said.
The text needs approval of the EU parliament before becoming law. (Reporting by Francesco Guarascio, editing by Robin Emmott)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Robert Vadra gets interim bail as money laundering probe advances
- Delhi court grants interim bail to Robert Vadra till Feb 16 in money laundering case.
- Robert Vadra gets interim bail in money laundering case
- Gautam Khaitan to remain in custody over links to fresh money laundering case
- Robert Vadra gets interim bail till Feb 16 as money laundering case advances