Ecuador forward Martinez joins Barcelona SC
"Welcome to our first signing [for 2019], Fidel Martinez," the club said in a statement on social media, reports Xinhua.
No further details were given about the type or length of the contract.
Martinez, who has been capped 30 times for Ecuador's national team, played 15 matches for Penarol after joining the club from Mexico's Atlas in July.
The 28-year-old helped the Montevideo club to the Uruguayan Super Cup and the country's first division title.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal looking forward to her biopic
- PM Modi inaugurates University of Ladakh, first-ever varsity in Ladakh region
- Salvadorans set to vote in first round of presidential election on Sunday
- Grateful that audience looks forward to watching my films: Juhi Chawla
- Over 12 lakh youth expected to exercise franchise for first time in 2019 LS polls