Compensation for Odisha's cyclone-hit farmers after assessment reports
"As per our estimation, there was crop loss due to the cyclone. We are waiting for crop assessment reports from the district collectors. The farmers will get assistance as per the government norms," said Revenue Minister Maheswar Mohanty.
Farmers who have suffered 33 per cent damage are eligible for compensation. They will be provided agricultural input subsidy, he added.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UP farmers continue protest over compensation issue; traffic disrupted at DND flyway
- We asked West Bengal for land to erect fencing to seal border with Bangladesh but yet to receive it from state govt: Rajnath Singh.
- UPDATE 1-EU agrees no-deal Brexit compensation for Irish farmers - report
- JDS-Congress MLAs asked to ensure presence during budget session amid tussle
- Delhi govt asked to expedite file movement in JNU sedition case