U'khand woman set on fire by stalker shifted to Delhi
The stalker, a 31-year-old taxi driver, attacked the woman when she was returning from college on December 16.
She was sent to Delhi in an air ambulance Wednesday afternoon, he said, adding the woman continues to be critical and will now be treated at Safdarjung Hospital's dedicated burn ward.
A senior doctor at Safdarjung hospital said the woman is very critical and on ventilator.
The man had been staking her after she had rejected his love proposals, police said, adding that he set her on fire after sprinkling petrol over her.
After hearing her cries for help, locals rushed to the spot and took her to the hospital.
Angry students of her university were demanding capital punishment for the accused who was arrested the day the crime was committed.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Indian team competitive in any part of world and on any surface: Tendulkar
- Income tax assessments to be "completely faceless" in 2 yrs: CBDT chairman
- Kolkata Police-CBI face-off: Mamata hits the streets, says Modi-Shah attempting coup
- Mamata resorts to sit-in after CBI-police face-off
- Kolkata Police-CBI face-off: CBI to move SC on Monday, say sources