Modi government's plans on GST belated wisdom, says Chidambaram
In a series of tweets, the former finance minister said the government had scrambled the egg needlessly when GST was introduced and was now trying to unscramble it,
He said GST should have been implemented with 18 per cent as standard rate.
"Government says 99 per cent of goods will be at 18 per cent GST. Belated wisdom. We should have started with 18 per cent as the standard rate. Having scrambled the egg needlessly when GST was introduced, government is trying to unscramble it! Typical of NDA.
"BJP/NDA governance mantra is 'leap before you look'. Which is the reason for the damage caused by GST to businesses, especially MSMEs," he said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Chidambaram appears before ED for questioning in INX Media case
- INX Media: ED quizzes Cong leader Chidambaram in money laundering case
- Use law against everyone, including Robert Vadra and P Chidambaram, but govt must answer questions on Rafale: Rahul Gandhi.
- INX Media case: Chidambaram questioned for 5 hours by ED
- In our manifesto we will tell how we are going to create jobs: Chidambaram