Minor raped in UP' Muzaffarnagar
The incident took place at Badoda village, they said.
The accused, identified as 22-year-old Amit, is a native of Bihar, they added.
According to Circle Officer (CO) Hariram Yadav, the accused had taken the girl to a nearby place where he allegedly raped her.
Hearing the girl cry, the villagers pursued the spot and caught hold of the accused.
The accused was handed over to the police who arrested him after an FIR lodged by the girl's father, the CO said.
The accused, Amit, worked as a servant at a farmer's place.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Magisterial probe ordered into fire incident at Metro Hospital in Noida: District Magistrate B N Singh.
- 1,800 Bangladesh civil servants to obtain training in varied sectors in India
- Minister Chetan Chauhan terms UP hooch tragedy as a stray incident, says none of minister consumes liquor
- Sarah Silverman shares her 'uncomfortable' mammogram incident
- Bareilly “Nikah-Halala” type incidents ought to be made unconstitutional: Jaitley