19-year-old awarded death for rape, murder of girl
The convict is a resident of Jatasi in Jabalpur district.
The girl had gone missing on August 19 when her parents went out for work in a farm.
Kushwaha had told them that he had taken out the girl to buy her a chocolate and then left her near her house.
During the interrogation he confessed to raping and killing her and dumping the body in the septic tank of his house.
The body was recovered from the tank.
The police had submitted the charge sheet within four days.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- US judge approves court-appointed oversight of Chicago Police Department
- WRAPUP 3-Venezuela's Guaido courts Russia; powers divided on Maduro
- Jailed Reuters reporters launch last appeal to Myanmar court
- WRAPUP 4-Venezuela's Guaido courts Russia; powers divided on Maduro
- WRAPUP 1-Jailed Reuters journalists appeal to Myanmar's top court as rights group decries "fear"