An elephant was electrocuted
after it accidentally came in contact with a live wire at a
farm in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, forest officials
said on Wednesday.
The carcass of the 15-year-old male pachyderm was
Chhal forest range, Dharamjaigarh Divisional Forest Official
Pranay Mishra said.
As per the preliminary information, a farmer Sanjay
protect his crop in view of the movement of elephants in the
area, he said.
The elephant apparently came in contact with the wire
and was electrocuted. But the post-mortem report, which is
awaited, will reveal the exact cause of the death, he added.
A case has been registered against Rathiya and efforts
were on to trace him as he absconded from the village after
the incident, police added.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- PM to lay foundation stone of green field Airport in Arunachal's Hollongi
- East Libyan forces control substation not main El Sharara field - engineer
- Soccer-Madrid midfield anchor Llorente hit with second injury in quick succession
- Soccer-Huddersfield can still avoid relegation, says Siewert
- Soccer-Sheffield United Women's Jones charged with racist abuse