Police inspector Anand Bhoir, who
was arrested by the ACB for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs
22 lakh, was suspended Thursday, police said.
Bhoir, attached to the Crime Branch, and his driver
were caught while allegedly accepting Rs 22 lakh in cash from
After the arrest, he was suspended from service and
orders were issued by the office of the Commissioner of
Police, he said.
The 43-year-old officer was deputed at Andheri unit of
in an auto-rickshaw, he said.
Bhoir was investigating a case of liquor seizure in
which he allegedly threatened a liquor shop owner, saying an
FIR will be filed against him and his brother and demanded a
give Rs 22 lakh, following which a trap was laid by the ACB
and Bhoir was arrested while accepting the bribe amount, he
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- 130 students arrested so far in "pay-to-stay" sting operation: US official
- Rado joins forces with India Art Fair 2019 as Official Timekeeper
- UPDATE 2-USAID assistance in the West Bank and Gaza has ceased - U.S. official
- UPDATE 1-USAID assistance in the West Bank and Gaza has ceased - U.S. official
- CII official says budget will help farmers, middle-income group