6 killed, including a child after blast in fan factory in Delhi
"After the fire tenders reached the spot in Sudarshan Park area of West Delhi it found that due to the impact of the blast a portion of the building has also collasped," he said, adding that the reason seems to be blast in compressor.
The official also said that 15 people have been rescued so far.
"Seven to eight more people are expected to be trapped inside the building wreckage," he said.
Rescue operation by Delhi Police, fire officials and disaster teams is still underway.
On January 20 last year, at least 17 people died after a fire broke out in an illegal firecracker factory in Bawana industrial area.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Aussie dollar slips versus greenback on China's gloomy factory readings
- 130 students arrested so far in "pay-to-stay" sting operation: US official
- GLOBAL ECONOMY-Factory activity shrinks across Asia as cooling China threatens global growth
- Global growth crop up again as weak factory activity sparks pessimism
- Rado joins forces with India Art Fair 2019 as Official Timekeeper