Elephant calf falls to death in Tamil Nadu forest
An elephant calf, believed to be 18 months old, died Friday after it fell into a 20-foot deep pit in a forest area in the district, officials said here. The calf, part of a herd of five wild elephants which was in search of food and water, tried to climb down the pit when it slipped and fell into it near the Bhavanisagar reservoir area.
On seeing this, the herd surrounded the calf preventing anyone from rescuing it, they said. After two hours, the herd left the spot following which and forest officials, along with a veterinary doctor, examined the calf and found it dead.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Hooch death toll in adjoining Haridwar, Saharanpur districts rises to 60: Officials.
- Trinamool Congress MLA shot dead in Nadia district
- College student gangraped in West Singhbhum district
- Zambia: Rising maternity deaths at KGH requires investigation, urges ex-district commissioner
- Arunachal Governor wants Centre to set up art centres in each district of state