Lawyer explains Ronaldinho's Globe Soccer awards absence
Ronaldinho was a notable absentee at Wednesday's event, whose guests included the 38-year-old's former national team colleague Ronaldo, reports Xinhua news agency.
"His life continues as normal," Ronaldinho's lawyer Sergio Queiroz told Uol Esporte on Thursday.
"He is invited to attend events every week and he chooses the ones that he wants to go to."
The former Barcelona playmaker also holds a Spanish passport though Queiroz said his client did not use it in his travels.
Ronaldinho was ordered to pay 8.5 million reais ($2.5 million) in 2015 after being found guilty of building a fishing platform on the Guaiba river in southern Brazil without the necessary permits. The structure was located in a heritage-protected area, according to prosecutors.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Soccer-Beckham to be honoured with statue in LA
- Soccer: Leading clubs stockpile players to hoover best talent as possible
- Soccer-Hasselbaink backs Sarri to deliver success at Chelsea
- CORRECTED-Soccer-Hasselbaink backs Sarri to deliver success at Chelsea
- Soccer-Zaha earns Palace a point at home to West Ham