Churchill favourites against Minerva in I-League tie
Churchill Brothers FC will take on defending champions Minerva Punjab FC in an I-League clash at the Tilak Maidan here on Saturday.
Churchill are clear favourites on the back of their impressive attacking display till the halfway stage of the tournament.
Much water has flown under the bridge since then, with the Goans clearly establishing themselves as the most enterprising and mercurial side of the league after leaders Chennai with an attacking force in great form.
Willis Plaza for Churchill has been in imperious form this year, scoring nine goals so far, to lead the league's scorer's charts. But it is the support play of Dawda Cessay, Israel Gurung, Anthony Wolfe and the likes that have clearly helped them improve so much over last year.
It remains to be seen how things work out for Minerva, but unless they find goals, it is going to be difficult for them to get out of their mid-table position soon. Churchill, on the other hand, are looking good to go all the way.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Soccer-Lack of cup commitments gives Liverpool edge in league - Pellegrini
- Teacher arrested on charge of raping colleague in Odisha's Jajpur
- Soccer-Atalanta win at Cagliari to close in on Champions League places
- Soccer-Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- My Hero Academia Season 4 to have several antagonists, Kai to ally League of Villains