Soccer-Millwall's Hutchinson suffers cut while clearing trash at home
Millwall defender Shaun Hutchinson is likely to miss Sunday's FA Cup meeting with Championship rivals Hull City after suffering a deep cut to his leg in a "freak accident" while taking out the trash at home.
Speaking after Tuesday's 3-2 league victory over Ipswich Town which Hutchinson missed, Millwall manager Neil Harris said the 28-year-old could be out for an indefinite period, putting him in doubt for the third-round fixture against Hull.
"Hutch had a real freak accident putting the bins out before coming to training," Harris told British media.
"He has a deep gash on his shin, he's going to be out for a period. I don't know anymore that than at the moment so we will have to monitor him ahead of the weekend."
While Harris had sympathy for Hutchinson, his team mate Jed Wallace saw the funny side of the situation.
The winger tweeted a picture of a blue rubbish bin inside the team's changing room, marking Hutchinson in the caption.
Millwall are 19th in the Championship (second tier), six places below Hull.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Tennis-Shaky Wawrinka suffers first-round defeat in Sofia
- Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard to campaign in early-voting states in Feb
- Senator Kamala Harris to deliver prebuttal of State of the Union address
- Harris scores late as Clippers cap comeback, sting Hornets
- NBA-James passes 32,000 career points but suffers worst career loss