Tax raids on Karnataka actors, producers continue in Bengaluru
"The searches are on in all the premises of the actors and producers. We cannot say if they conclude by Friday, as the officials are going through voluminous files, documents and other materials related to source of income, investments and collections," the official told IANS on the condition of anonymity.
The four Kannada or sandalwood super stars are Shivaraj Kumar, his younger brother Puneeth Kumar, Sudeep and Yash. The three film producers are Rockline Venkatesh, C.R. Manohar and B. Vijay Kiragandhur.
"A press note can be issued only after the searches are completed," added the official.
About 30 teams consisting of 5-6 officers in each team from the Income Tax (Investigations) cell began the search and seize operation on Thursday at 8:00 a.m. in 27 locations across the city where the actors and producers have their offices and residences.
"The films were produced with mega budgets and sold to distributors and exhibitors at a high premium. As they were a superhit at the box office, the collections were also huge. The tax sleuths are verifying accounts and transactions incurred in the films," a KFCC source told IANS on Thursday.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- "International politics can't base itself on ultimatums": Venezuela's Maduro
- NFL-Glady Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- REFILE-NFL-Gladys Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi start cross examination of complainant in National Herald case
- Indian national pleads guilty to role in dangerous human smuggling conspiracy