Karnataka Minister's staffer caught with Rs 14-lakh cash
"We have detained the Minister's staffer Mohan and seized the cash (Rs 14 lakh) from him at the secretariat, as he could not explain its source or account for it," city central Deputy Commissioner of Police Devaraj told reporters here.
Shetty, a legislator from Chamarajanagar Assembly segment in the southwest old Mysuru region, is the Social Welfare Minister in the JD(S)-Congress coalition government in the southern state.
Vidhana Soudha Police Station Inspector Shankarachar registered a case against the accused and detained him for questioning on the cash he was carrying in a bag and had come to the secretariat on a two-wheeler.
"We are interrogating Mohan to explain why he was carrying so much of cash and its source as he didn't have documentary support for it," a police officer told IANS on the condition of anonymity.
According to unconfirmed reports, an additional Rs 11.76 lakh was also found with Mohan when the police carried a search on him and his bike.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- People throng online library stall in 43rd International Kolkata Fair
- UN anti-drug & crime chief spotlights root causes of International maritime crimes
- Journalists in war zones: Japan seizes passport of national to prevent Yemen trip
- British national faces jail term in Indonesia for slapping official
- MP: Two national archery players killed in road accident