U.S. judge stands by ruling to limit evidence in Roundup cancer trials
U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria during a hearing in San Francisco federal court denied a plaintiff lawyer's request to review the decision, saying trials before him should focus on scientific evidence.
Chhabria on Thursday granted Bayer unit Monsanto's request to split an upcoming trial into two phases. The order initially bars lawyers for plaintiff Edwin Hardeman from introducing evidence that the company allegedly attempted to influence regulators and manipulate public opinion.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-Afghan president says his government must be 'decision-maker' in any peace deal
- SOTU: Trump defends decision to withdraw from INF treaty, proposes new
- Jet Airways pilots discussed financial crunch, to make key decision on salary payment
- Trump lauds tariffs decision; claims that US is receiving billions in revenue
- Northern Irish UUP reviewing backstop decision after meeting with PM May