DU ad hoc teachers begin hunger strike
The teachers began their strike outside the Faculty of Arts.
Aditya Narayan Misra, president, Academics for Action and Development (AAD), said, "We are siting outside the Faculty of Arts gate and it is very cold. It is very difficult, but we are supporting each other.
There are 4,600 ad hoc teachers working in the Delhi University. They have all the required qualifications prescribed by the University Grants Commission (UGC), he said.
Congress national president Rahul Gandhi has also raised this issue. In Rajasthan, they have appointed a committee. In Madhya Pradesh, they are in the process. We are demanding that DU also do the same, Misra added.
PTI NIT SLB SRY
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Kolkata Police chief's advocate alleges CBI's action meant to score points
- Rugby-England's Ashton warns of fiery reaction by beaten France
- Jaitley dubs Mamata's sit-in protest as "disproportionate over reaction"
- CBI must not resort to any coercive action against Kolkata Police chief: SC
- Home Ministry seeks action against Kolkata Police chief amid CBI dispute