Fearing Congo violence, U.S. deploys small military force to Gabon
In a letter to congressional leaders, Trump said the first of about 80 military personnel arrived in Gabon on Wednesday.
He said they "will remain in the region until the security situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo becomes such that their presence is no longer needed."
(Reporting by Eric Beech)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Trump to pitch optimism, 'greatness' in State of Union: White House
- UPDATE 4-Trump steps up attacks on Pelosi for opposing border wall funds
- UPDATE 3-Trump steps up attacks on Pelosi for opposing border wall funds
- Cannot allow trade deficit with China to continue: Prez Trump
- Trump hails 'great news' that Foxconn Wisconsin factory back on track